Thursday, June 9, 2011

A shout out to XMarks

I have to give a plug to out to Xmarks (recently acquired by LastPass).  XMarks bookmark sync allows you to synchronize your bookmarks across browsers and computers.  For someone like me I run three browsers on three computers and the ability to synchronize those bookmarks is paramount.  Being in software development I often need to test on different browsers.  I also run into problems with other websites I use that don't work on certain browsers, so for example I generally use Chrome but sometimes need to switch to IE when a site doesn't work on Chrome.  Then I have a work computer and two home computers.  All of this leaves me with nine or more browsers which  I use fairly often.  And in my line of work bookmarks are key to accessing all the information I need.  XMarks is free, but you can signup for a paid version and I encourage you to contribute to help support such a useful tool.  I was not solicited in any way to write this, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment